Pre/Post Procedure Questions & More
How We Work?
We come to you! That’s right. Simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch to schedule a time that works best for you.
What Medications Should I Avoid Before Injections?
We recommend, if possible, avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, Motrin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, and any other blood thinners for two weeks prior to your appointment (unless otherwise instructed by your physician).
Can I Drink Alcohol Before Receiving Aesthetic Injections?
Please avoid alcohol for 48 hours before your appointment. Like blood thinning medications, alcohol can increase the risk of bleeding and bruising.
Can I Lay Flat After Botox Injections?
We ask that you do not lie flat for four hours following your Botox injections.
What Activities Can I Do After Botox Injections?
You are welcome to return to your routine daily activities or your job immediately following your Botox treatment. However, you must avoid exercising for 24 hours.
How Long Until I See My Results?
Remember, you will be a bit swollen at first. You will notice improvement in facial muscles as early as 36 hours following your treatment. Maximum effects can be about 14 days following.
Do I Need A Post-Procedure Follow-Up?
In general, you do not need to follow up with us following Botox treatment unless there is severe asymmetry. With asymmetry, reach out to us so we can return to you for a follow up visit after 2 weeks. Typically, you should have your next treatment every 3 to 6 months.
What Should I Expect During And Immediately Following Dermal Fillers?
- Local numbing medication can be used to maximize comfort during the procedure. A vibration device may be placed near the injection sites during the procedure to provide additional comfort.
- You may experience mild tenderness or a stinging sensation following the injection.
- Your practitioner may massage the treated area, which may cause temporary, minimal redness to your skin. This ensures a smooth and even correction.
- Bruising may occur. To minimize bruising, let us know if you use blood thinners such as aspirin, naproxen sodium (Aleve), ibuprofen (i.e., Motrin, Advil) or herbal preparations (fish/flax seed oil/omega 3’s, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, garlic, vitamin E) prior to your procedure.
- Minimal to moderate swelling may be expected related to the area(s) treated and product(s) used. This will only be temporary.
- It may be normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site that can last for a few hours or, at time, up to a week.
- It’s normal to feel a “firmness” in your treated area/s for the first few days after treatment. This can vary based on which area(s) are treated and which product(s) are used. Over time, the areas should soften and “settle” and you will be left with a natural looking result. Cold temperatures can cause firmness.
What Can I Expect Post-Treatment After Dermal Fillers?
- You can apply a cool compress to the area/s treated. This will help reduce the swelling and the potential for bruising (avoid using pressure & direct ice/frozen packs directly on the skin.)
- Do not use makeup and lip gloss on the treatment day as this can produce bacteria to the injection sites. Also, avoid touching your face with your cell phone or dirty hands. This will help minimize the risk of infection.
- DO NOT MOVE OR RUB the treated area/a on the day of your treatment to avoid moving the fillers from their ideal locations. AVOID any excessive movement of the treated area/s for the first few hours and up to 2-3 days.
- Avoid exercise for 48 hours after dermal fillers.
- It is recommended to not receive filler within 72 hours of a social event due to the potential of bruising or swelling.
- Please avoid alcohol for an additional 24 hours AFTER your filler appointment as well as this can worsen bruising.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to the treated area/s. Erin will let you know if there are any other skin care products to avoid.
- We recommend waiting a minimum of 2 weeks before any invasive procedures, unless it’s an emergency.
- Call Erin if you experience any of the following: Increased pain, swelling, significant bruising or darkening at or around the treatment area, notable change in temperature of the skin around the treatment area or any drainage or fever over 100.5 or ANY other concerns you may have.
- Enjoy your new look and if you are unhappy AT ALL, please reach out to us! Your satisfaction is our number 1 priority.
Concierge Medical Aesthetics
By Erin Boyle, NP-C
Schedule cosmetic injectable treatments via text or on our Instagram!